Summer Game Fest 2022 begins on June 9th at 11 a.m. PT with a showcase. Though it would be difficult to beat last year’s performance (especially with the gameplay reveal of Elden Ring), host and creator Geoff Keighley has confirmed over 30 partners for the month with “events, activities, and updates.
“World premieres, gameplay demos, and news on “some of the most highly anticipated games” from more than 30 publishers and developers will be included at Summer Game Fest 2022, which will take place throughout June, according to host Geoff Keighley.
This year’s #SummerGameFest will feature events, activities and updates for fans from more than 30 partners, with more to be announced.
It’s going to be a great month for video game fans.
Get ready! pic.twitter.com/vLaRGnbtBK
— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) May 31, 2022
publishers and developers
- Bandai Namco Entertainment is a Japanese video game publisher.
- Team Capcom’s Bloober
- Coffee Stain Studios is a company that creates coffee stains.
- Digital Extremes by Deep Silver Devolver
- Electronic Arts DotEmu
- Epic Games is a division of Focus Entertainment.
- Frost Giant Studios is a production company based in New York
- Infinite Humble Games Level
- Microsoft is a company that specializes in (Xbox)
- Raw Fury
- Samsung’s Gaming Center
- Skybound Games is a collection of games created by Skybound
- Sony Interactive Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation (PlayStation)
- Square Enix Studio is a game development studio based in Japan. MDHR is a part of the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Warner Bros. Games (Steam)
And there will be more in the following days…and others are among those who have signed on as partners. There are rumors that there may be additional announcements in the following days, so stay tuned.
According to the PlayStation Twitter account,
The State of Play broadcast on June 2 will be part of Summer Game Fest 2022.
It’s possible that not all of these developers/publishers will be present at the showcase, but will instead make announcements and disclose new projects throughout the month (such as Sega’s new project announcement on June 3rd). Nonetheless,
— Gematsu (@gematsu) May 27, 2022
The Summer Game Fest 2022 showcase will be followed by “Day of the Devs: Summer Game Fest Edition,” which will feature:
A first look at a new intellectual property from the developers of Monument Valley, ustwo games.
Asobu is a community dedicated to supporting and evangelizing independent game production in Japan as well as Japanese games in other countries.
A musical performance by Anamanaguchi’s Peter Berkman, featuring music from the upcoming Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland.
In addition, Geoff Keighley and iam8bit are teaming together to stage “Summer Game Fest: Play Days,” a media-only game preview event in Los Angeles. Beginning June 10, fans may see hands-on game previews, interviews, and more on Twitch and other media sources.
there should be plenty of new game announcements and World Premieres to savor. Go here for more information on rumored games that may be shown next month, either at the Summer Game Fest or elsewhere.